Friday, June 29, 2007

Camping Prep

OK, I should have left work at 5:00 yesterday and just gone home. Nope, let's get some stuff wrapped up first. Do I have a key? Yep! Duh, I had lots of keys, just not the one for the office - grrr. OK, now we're late meeting hubby to 'buy' the camping supplies. Yay! We were going to use points that I'd been accumulating. We stocked up and...Where the heck was my card? Still haven't found it! Hubby took the bank cards to get money out of the 'other' account - you know, the one that you can't access at the ATMs, and popped by home to see if he could find the points card. That's OK, I'll just go to grab a bite to eat with the girls at Subway while we wait. Got to cash and... WTF?, no bank cards. Of course, I had just given them to hubby. Yup - we're batting 1000 here. OK, thank goodness the cell works - 'Can you please come to Subway and pay for our supper?' and 'Well, what do you want? I'll get yours ordered too.' Gotta be sweet - Karma might be watching. OK, a full belly and we're off to the bank and back to the camping gear to pay. Then hubby says, "What are we getting for groceries?". HELLO it's now 8:30 - I'm going home to bed before anything else goes wrong! Oh, hubby had a footlong so he could take half to work today and lost the other half in the car shuffles. We'll likely find it packing tomorrow all stinky and rotten - Oh well. And this morning my wonderful breakfast of LF yogurt, strawberries and granola that I planned on eating when I got to work is stranded at home. Fortunately I keep stashes of bread, jam and cheese in the fridge here. To top everything off, our dog sitter is booked up this weekend and can't take our dog, so we get to take Baloo, aka Barky, to the campground. And that means a trip to the pet store for an electric collar.

Is there any advice here? No - just my ramble.

Cheers everyone and thanks for reading, Candace

1 comment:

dizzydazey said...

Bless your heart! Sounds like one of my days!!

Enjoy camping!

PS: I think it's hilarious that ya'll are going camping but didn't have a tent, yet. We're doing the same thing! We're leaving next Thursday morning with no plans of camp gear buying, yet! :o)

Year 2 - May 28/08-Current