Monday, July 21, 2008

Weekend Wipe-Outs

Wow, I'm exhausted. I've been exhausted all weekend. I was out Friday night (no booze, just visiting) and got in around 1 or a little later. Now, I got to sleep in on Saturday so that should have been enough. I was falling asleep by 7pm and struggled to function until I could get to bed. Sunday was no better. Hubby got up with the kids and I slept until 8:30, but was beat mid-afternoon. Today my eyes feel like they're popping out of their sockets.

What else did we do? Kids went for a play date and we visited a friend, who just happens to be 4 lbs from his WW goal. We haven't seen each other in a year, so we were trapsing off to see his exercise equipment and chat about the different leaders. He attends an at-work program, and I attended one of his leaders meetings. He's also been to my meetings - but we always missed each other. While there I had 3 glasses of wine. These exceeded the 2oz serving, but what the hey. Hubby planted some bushes for them and the missus picked me some greens. Yummy.

I finally made it to church on Sunday. The kids had friends over, so hubby stayed behind. I felt a little bad about leaving after having slept in, but he was good with it. Also, menu planning and the grocery list on Sunday. I went by myself - quicker that way.

And, the back yard got re-mowed. It's starting to look normal again. We need a couple more lengths of extension cord so hubby can finish clearing the back end. We worked so hard to re-claim our yard, it's discouraging to watch it grow up again. Finally, I took the 10 yo to the pool. The water was warm, but I didn't go in. She took the thermometer out of the pool and watched it drop almost 10 degrees farenheit. Crazy stuff.

Also, got in an upper body workout Saturday. I am doing reception training tonight and would like to get in a lower body session before bed, but it will be after 8:30 before I get home, so if I'm still feeling this tired, I'll be going to bed.

Take care and have a great week.

1 comment:

Deborah said...

Sounds like a great weekend.

Year 2 - May 28/08-Current