Tuesday, April 8, 2008

The Butcher, The Baker and the Candlestick Burner

Random thoughts:

Hubby is the cook in our house these days. I love it. This past week we have had spaghetti squash with pasta sauce and ground hamburg, pork chops, salmon and chicken. He's been buying lean and always cooks to perfection. He's come a long ways, my boy. We'll see how he handles raw ground meat this summer during BBQ season. A butcher he'd not make.

I do the baking though. As does the 9yo. Last night she had her hand on some LF Betty Crocker Fudge Brownies, a favourite. I made some protein bars. I've also been making some 'muscle' bread of last, which is a nice variation on the pro bars. These recipes I got off the PnP site and they've quickly become favourites in our house. Hubby has a 15-minute break over 8 hours and is looking for a 'drinkable' meal loaded with stuff. Gonna see if we can find him something that will keep 4-5 hours in a cooler over the summer.

The kids have started getting up earlier now that Mark is back to work. I wonder when they'll start going to bed earlier instead of being cranky all week. I wonder, because that will mean I can go to bed earlier too.

1 comment:

Deborah said...

Hi, this is Cara's Mom. I'd like your recipe for protien bars. I'm up for trying anything new, within reason. The Latte sounds good too and will try it as soon as I go to the store and get me "a" banana and some rum extract. I like flavored coffee better than plain so that is right up my alley. Your pics are great. Keep up the good work.

Year 2 - May 28/08-Current