Sunday, October 28, 2007

Golden!

The weekend in SAINT John was golden. Food-wise I could have done better, but tonight it's over. I won't go into the sordid details, but I will say I tried. We did walk into this place down on the waterfront and the restaurant stunk like a sweaty gym so we left. Grannon's or something. Not exactly kid-friendly and I don't know why anyone would recommend it to us. We ended up at Jungle Jim's - always a safe choice with little ones. I've been wanting to try Cora's, so I drug everyone there for brunch today and...delicious - will go again.

And they danced! They were wonderful - all of them. I would have liked to have seen more, but when a 9 yo has had enough and a 4 yo had been patiently sitting in an audience for over 2 hours, you count your blessings that it lasted as long as it did. Ci did 2 numbers, a jazz for under 10's and a hiphop for under 12's (this they did with girls who've been competing a year longer than her group). They got Gold for both numbers. Our older girls took gold for a couple of the numbers I saw as well. The 4yo was quite upset and asked me what that teacher was doing to Olivia's neck (as part of the dance, the teacher helper from J's dance class looks like she's pulling Olivia, a favourite lifeguard, around by her neck). I tried to explain it was just part of the dance and the teacher never actually touched Olivia. Anyway, J still wasn't too sure and I'm sure will bring it up again at some point.

And we swam at the hotel pool. A few times. The 'hot' tub was more like a 'warm' tub this morning so a few of the kids pretty much stuck to it. I didn't make it to the weight room. I didn't want to leave Mom alone with both kids for that long and she never came to the pool to watch the kids, so I never asked. Another time maybe.

What a long drive though. We stopped in Amherst on the way home for a couple of hours and the kids watched a scary halloween show on TV at Mom's and we ate supper. Then we headed home. Daddy's some glad to see his girls. I'm very tired and will check in on everyone through the week. It's going to be crazy at work. 3 more sleeps!

Cheers,

1 comment:

Carolyn said...

Glad you had a good time in SAINT John (haha) I LOVE Cora's. The breakfast is absolutely amazing but I try to stay away as much as possible because I always end up getting waffles and bacon...mmmm.

Hope you get some rest and feel refreshed after such a busy weekend!

Year 2 - May 28/08-Current