Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Woot, Wooooot!

I had to put a train on the Christmas challenge tracker because I'm really feeling like the little train that could. I'm slow and steady, but eventually I'll get to where I need to be. So, Woot, Wooooot! Watch out, I'm comin' though. Maybe not tonight at weigh-in, Maybe not next week, but my goal is still in tact. Guess I just won't be meeting it for this challenge. I will struggle to get to the top of Gordon's Hill (anyone else a Thomas fan?). I may falter, need a shove from a friend to keep me moving on this upward trip, but my path is there and all I need do is follow it.

If you're slipping off the wagon, or have taken a nose-dive into Christmas treats, remember that it's the first and last bites that you'll remember, but all those others in between that you'll be fretting in January. I guess I'm trying to say, proceed with caution. There were also a lot of crashes on Thomas - and although I loved Ringo's telling of the crashes - we don't have little men digging us out. In January, we'll be the ones working to get those bonbon's off our hips.

If you're feeling the slip start, check out the links to Holiday Survival plans. I read them over periodically and KNOW they've been a great source of motivation for me over the past couple of weeks.

4 comments:

Carolyn said...

How refreshing! when everyone is talking about falling off track and jumping the wagon here you are still tuggin along! good for you! Thanks, that's just the motivation I needed!

sherijung said...

We lived with major Thomas obsession for quite a few years-my youngest son was hooked before he could really talk. He used to say 'Godowan' instead of Gordon. Can you believe I still remember that--that boy will be 15 in January. He used to run from the room whenever a crash was coming, and had major anxiety when we got a new video, because he didn't know when the crash would happen, so he'd have to watch it! I shudder to think about the hundreds of dollars worth of Brio style Thomas trains and track I have in my attic.

Colette said...

Candace,
Thank you for your kind words about Joshua. It's so hard loving your children and seeing them have to go through "being uncomfortable" and "dealing" with trials!
I know we have a long way to go but he has definately started down the right path this time. I could not have stayed sane without all of your and the other womens support. Thank you so much for your gift of friendship. I <3 you!

Swizzlepop said...

As usual I'm behind in my reading but am really trying to get semi caught up today. Glad to hear that you are still moving along! Your posts always make me smile a little and think "too bad she lives in Canada, I think I'd like to meet up for coffee and just chat." Yea I'm weird like that but some people come across in a warm way that makes you want to know IRL too. You are doing great and even if you didn't meet the challenge goal you are still losing and that is the most important. Keep up the great work!

Year 2 - May 28/08-Current