Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Roller Blading my worries away

The 9yo wanted to head out and do SOMEthing last night, so off we went. In all fairness, I planned to go roller blading with her last night anyway, but hadn't mentioned it. 2.5km with the mild to moderate inclines. This is the third time I've done this route. It's a pretty good one since the hubby can take the 4yo in the car to the playground and we meet him there. It's definately a nice change from walking and left me feeling invigorated. I could have kept going.

Black flies are making a seasonal come-back and MY time in the playground was cut short. On the grocery list this weekend: bug spray and sun screen. Also, the 9yo and I are heading to Frenchy's on Saturday for some much needed summer clothes shopping. She's grown and I've shrunk - neither of us has much that fits well enough, and it's important to look good while you're stumbling over gravel crossing driveways while rolling down the sidewalk.

Cheers, ya'll

4 comments:

Deborah said...

Sounds like a pretty fun time, excluding the black flies of course. Good luck shopping.

Unknown said...

Rollerblading - how do you keep your balance??? You are a brave brave woman!

Oh and YEAH for shrinking moms! You go girl!

Amanda said...

What a great reason to go shopping!

I love rollerblading...sounds like so much fun! And great family time too. :)

Colette said...

Love your comment about " looking good as your stumbling over the gravel"...LOL.
Sounds like something I would say!! Keep up the good work. Your doing great!!!

Year 2 - May 28/08-Current