Friday, June 27, 2008

Eats and Treats

I'm trying to post my food in Sparks again this week. They have some neat new features, such as adding extra meals, copying a meal from another day, and exporting your report to excel. They also still have all of the great tools I remember, such as my 'favourites' list, where I added many of my favourite foods or specific items we buy that are not on the general list, such as my PC foods from Superstore.
For anyone starting an exercise regime, this site is also a great resource on how to properly do certain moves. They'll even design a program for you. And it's all free! That's right - Free! Well, what are you waiting for? Go sign up.

3 comments:

Deborah said...

I love using SparkPeople.

I read a blog and someone was complaining that an item showed more calories in the SP list than the container the person had. I've found that some too but when that happens I just input a food that isn't on the list and it is automatically on my favorites list and tah-dah, it's there the next time I need it.

Candace MacPherson said...

Sparks is using generic information or specific product information. I agree - a few calories in discrepancies here and there isn't going to make a big difference. I enter my own foods all the time - being from a different country, a lot of our selections are different. No Trader Joe's, Fiber Fist, etc. Most of what we have is the 'Canadian' version. I also buy a lot of PC foods, of which none are on Sparks. Also, I have BSN Lean Dessert in for me - I didn't put them all in, even though the break-down is slightly different. One is enough, so it looks like I always have Cinnamon.

Colette said...

Candace the kids love the new recipes to be honest. Mostly I pick the menu's but at least once a week I let them pick something. A couple days ago Josh ( yes he is still ALIVE...LOL) wanted Taco's. Well thankfully Taco seasoning, 93% lean beef, FF cheddar cheese and FF refried beans are all core. So I used a Tortilla Factory 12 grams fiber wrap and made this huge beef and bean burrito with ff cheese and chopped onions inside. Then I poured Enchlada sauce ( also core) on top and added some more FF cheese and nuked it. Yummy gooey cheesy mexican dinner and it cost me 1 point!! kids loved there soft taco's so it was a win win situation!! Yeah I just love core its so much easier to me...really!! Josh is fine and barely passed to 8th grade. I had a long talk with him about how this year grade wise will start the process where they look at your grades for scolarships and such. I think it went in one ear and out the other...LOL Time will tell!!!

Year 2 - May 28/08-Current