Thursday, July 3, 2008

Maintenance and Core

This week was, amazingly, a 'stays the same'. Since I AM in WW maintenance, I'll take it. Yet, I would still like to lose another 4.4 lbs and get to my personal goal of 140 lbs.

SO, last night I took all my little books down to my meeting and went through them to make sure I have everything I need. I picked up a new week 1 package, since I'm missing the Getting Started book. Got a new slider and everything. I wanted to make sure I had everything, especially the Getting Started book because I've decided to try out Core. For today I'm documenting and counting.

Breakfast: 6 almonds, oatmeal, 1 egg, slice of processed cheese (6)
!st thing at work: Tims coffee (1)
10:45 am: 1/2C cottage cheese with approx. 1/2C mixed fruit (3)

Total so far is 10 pts. For lunch I have salmon, 1/2C rice and frozen veggies. Later this afternoon I have some baby carrots and 15 almonds. For supper I don't know what we're having.

Why the switch? I was following some menus I was getting from PnP. They were good and I learned a lot of new ways to eat healthfully; however, they were also extremely high in protein and, although I am working out, I don't feel I am working out to support that menu. And the bottom line - the menu was very expensive. For the summer, I have 2 kids in daycare and will be running at a deficit each month - this was adding to that deficit. I don't want to scrimp on food, and think that Core will fit into my budget and my life much easier.

Why Core? Mainly because I'm not a fan of journalling. It's been my nemisis. I've also been eating mostly Core foods anyway. I'll still be planning the weekly meals out and using that to create my weekly shopping list - so there's still the element of journalling to some extent. Also, I find I have started (the past 2 weeks) for some crazy reason, to dip into non-Core, fatty and carby items such as donuts, hazelnut vanilla spread, ice cream. My daughters have their birthdays tomorrow and their party next weekend, so this seemed as good a time as any to start a new program.

It's exciting to start a new program. You feel all energized and eager to succeed. Life is good.

I won't likely be posting again until next week. Everyone have a great weekend, and to my American readers, Happy 4th of July.

2 comments:

Colette said...

Woooohooooo Welcome to the core club!! I am so glad your going to try core!! I hear ya about the counting thing. I was SICK of it!! But with tomorrow being the 4th and Rebecca wants to make a cake I know I am going to have some willpower struggles.
Hope you have a great 4th!!

Deborah said...

Switching to Core will likely bring those 4.4 pounds off quickly. Core is the reason I stayed away for WW for so long. It gave me kidney stones with too much calcium.

I know the excitement you are feeling in switching. Hurray for you. You can do it.

Hope your weekend is the greatest!!

Year 2 - May 28/08-Current