Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Beans, Beans, the Magical Fruit

Well, the lower body workout got trashed because you can only let navy beans soak for so long (gee, thanks Mark) before having to feed them to the composter or cook. So, I spent time getting a pot clean and boiling the beans and putting together the necessary ingredients. I went with this recipe last night since I couldn't find mine. We're not fans of ketchup in the beans, but I was in a hurry and didn't have time to look for a good molasses only recipe.

Then it was off to read to the 10 year old. She's into 'Elf Defense'. I'm not sure about this book, and I'm hoping she get bored with it. Anyone else read it?

So, tonight I'm working around 1 hour late to get in some processing whereby I need everyone off the system. Then home to get in my lower body workout. The weather has been suck and my consumption of baked goods has been up. My home scale is up several lbs - like 7 or 8. After the wine, heat, humidity and chocolate chip oat cookies it's not a surprise. So, here's to drinking some water - Cheers.

2 comments:

Deborah said...

That recipe sounds yummy. Think I will print it out and try it sometime. I love any kind of beans excep black-eyed-peas. I think that's a bean. I really miss butter beans but don't want to fix them and add the stick of real butter at the end that make them so good. Someday...

Natalie said...

beans sound good but like lots of trouble! :-) my family likes pinto beans with just salt, pepper, onion powder, and garlic powder.

drink up! lots of water always helps!

Year 2 - May 28/08-Current