Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Frozen lunch Wednesday


I got home late from work last night and hubby had some pork chops waiting in the oven. He covers them, adds water and a bit of BBQ sauce. A few small potatoe's and some string beans and I was so tired. As I was packing this up I began to think about Randi's Tuna and Pea frozen dinners. Hmmm, let's go again:

I broke up the 1cup of rice I had frozen in the bag and put half in each of 2 Ziploc containers. I took 1 chop (they weren't big, about a deck of cards so maybe 4oz), cut it in half and put half in each container. Then 3/4C frozen peas and 2 Tbsp of Sauce (I used soy with ginger). I had one today at noon and it was very good.

So, it's only Wednesday and I have 2 boughten frozen dinners in the freezer and 2 homemade ones. I am going to do this more often.
OTOH, I hadn't intended to consume 260 mg of sodium on WI day - crud, I missed that. Actually, maybe being so close to WI it won't matter much.
Cheers,

No comments:

Year 2 - May 28/08-Current