Monday, August 20, 2007

Swimmin' Barbie

Hey, 2 posts in 1 day - whatup widdat?

I just wanted to share something that I had mentioned quite a while ago that had been a mini-goal, but when it happened it was like, no biggie.

So what's the deal? When I was packing for vacation, I couldn't find the shorts to my 3-piece bathing suite http://journeytothin-candace.blogspot.com/2007/07/challenge-prep-and-bathing-suits.html
I figured that since I wouldn't be 'around home' that I would just go with it. Well, after vacation I just kept going with it. I did wear the shorts once, and it's nice that they hide my mid-drift - although the top is long enough that when I stand it meets the bottoms. However, the shorts are starting to look quite 'skirty'. I mean, the elastic is not expanding quite so far and this creates a fair bit of creases (?)/material creating more of the skirty look that I'm not as crazy about. So, the shorts took a heave-ho and I'm down to a 2-piece. Yeah!
Since we plan to continue our swimming at the local indoor pool, I will let you know when the top needs an upgrade. The 'boobie' shrinkage has left the top as my next replacement, but I will need to wait for a while on this one as it still has decent support - just nothing flattering anymore.

3 comments:

dizzydazey said...

Yay for the two-piece'er! You Go Girl!

Unknown said...

You go girl - flaunt that 2 piece - CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

MMalloy said...

Congrats on the 2-piece, that is so awesome!!

Year 2 - May 28/08-Current