Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Good Thoughts ONLY

So, BB and I made a pact to think only the good things about ourselves this week. Bad thoughts must be squashed, hahahaaahaaaaaaaa (that's my wicked laugh).
OK, so then I was reading another post by Phit n Phat that talked about the power of the mind. Check it out http://phitnphat.wordpress.com/2007/08/28/mind-over-matter/
To chop this up even further, a couple of weeks ago, Swizzle said "Post something positive about myself every day to help boost my self image" as part of her goals. She's still doing this. I followed suite and posted one thing for 6 different days about myself here: http://www.sparkpeople.com/mypage_public_journal.asp?id=CANDACE101&showall=YES
The process actually assisted in some self-evaluation and I found that I needed to justify WHY I was saying what I was about myself. Why can't we just say the nice thing and drop it. Probably for the same reason we can't just say 'Thank you' when offered a compliment. I must teach my children how to do that.
I've come to the conclusion that part of our plunge into self-abuse (i.e. letting ourselves go) is that we don't feel, on some level, that we deserve good things. I think posting something positive - WITHOUT explanation - is required. Something good about me, NOW - not 20 lbs from now. It's the power of positive thoughts that will win the day.

So, without further ado: I am a very forgiving person. Just because I forgive does not mean I forget. Forgetting is a bad thing. No, I can forgive and still love/like someone for who they are - in spite of themselves in some cases. This allows me to take the good from these people - enjoy them for everything they have to offer me - and leave the bad at the door. There, no further explanation required.

3 comments:

The Price's Wife said...

I totally agree, we are our own worst critics!

Unknown said...

Forgiveness is such a great characteristic to have.......few people can actually forgive someone and move on! Way to go at recognizing how valuable that trait is! You are also a wonderful, fabulous Barbie and a great friend!!

Swizzlepop said...

Wow, as corny as it sounds reading that one of my goals helped someone else make me smile! And makes me want to start doing it again because even just a few words of positivity does help.
I'm totally behind on your blog so I'm starting from the oldest to newest in my google reader. I hope you are still doing the positive postings and that it has helped you! :)

Year 2 - May 28/08-Current