Thursday, March 13, 2008

Thursday Thoughts

Coming in to work today was one of those beautiful experiences. The trees were snow-covered and the sides of the roads only had a bit of brown, the black marks covered in white. The sky was grey. I love mornings like this, when the dirty results of driving and general spring are covered in a glorious attempt by winter to hang on. It's a beautiful clean-up by mother nature before the muck of spring comes Marching in.

Don't get me wrong - I like spring. Late spring. I hate the brown, dead look everything takes on in the transition to spring. Here in Nova Scotia it also rains and rains and everything is just mucky and damp. In fact, for those who have wood stoves, spring is one of the most beneficial times to use them to take the dampness out of the house. As a winter lover, I always enjoy the season giving it's all to stick around an extra few days.

Scale was up a bit last night. Might have been a change in clothes, or not. It's up to 151, so for this week I'm back to focusing on planning and points. 25 per day - I jotted down my menus for the next few days waiting for meeting to start last night. So far, so good.

No comments:

Year 2 - May 28/08-Current