Monday, March 24, 2008

Weekend Flop

The weekend was not so good. I knew what I was doing and did it anyway. It all started with dinner out Friday night. Dry cereal for snack, spaghetti and garlic bread with cheese was delic - it was no where near what I had planned and left me so full that I know I went over points. Saturday I was tired and slept through snack, hitting empty. I had a pb sandwich, banana and apple waiting for supper. And supper was 2 burritos with tofu sour cream. Sunday was ham dinner with mashed potatoes, sweet potatoe and green beans. Sounds healthy but I got that too full feeling again. It may have come from the cocolate dog i helped eat. No, I didn't weigh the crumbs I devoured.

So, today is a new day. I'm downloading a new exercise routine that incorporates only 2 days ST per week. Also, I'll have a treadmill in my house by the end of the week and am going to quit the gym next month. The roads are getting clearer, but it's still cold. I bought a new pair of Reebok running sneakers at Athlete's World since they're going out of business in Bedford. I also bought a new pair of winter boots for next year for $20.99. I do recall that I saved $114 and spent less than that. Woohoo.

The family made the trip to church on Sunday. First time I've been there since November 2006 - we've gone to mil's church, but haven't been to ours in a long time. It was good to get back and the 4yo had fun in Sunday school. I'm hopeful the 9yo will take the scoul off her face at some point and realize that going to church isn't so bad. All of the other young girls are getting involved in alter or choir work, so I'm hopeful that she'll want to participate next year. Mark and I were both alter-helpers and carried the cross when we were young and I always enjoyed it.

Enough for today. Gotta run.

3 comments:

HappyBlogChick said...

How exciting about having a treadmill in the house! I am jealous of that. My hubby and I talk about getting a treadmill, but the only way we could do it would be to get rid of our pool table. Neither of us are ready to do that (although we don't play often enough).

The good thing about the weekend is that it's behind you. Happy Monday!

--cara said...

Sounds like a rough weekend. But yahoo about the treadmill. Ours is on the fritz (speeds up, slows down) so we had to join the gym. Cheaper than buying a new treadmill. Kinda sad, though. I loved just getting up in the morning and hopping on the treadmill to get the day started. Now it's a pain to drive to the treadmill.

My daughter was never that interested in church either. I didn't push her, though. My parents pushed church on me every waking minute. Now, my daughter is totally devoted to church (she's 19) and she's said when she moves out she still wants to keep going to church with me. So there's hope. I think getting her involved in some sort of youth group might help. It helped with mine.

Unknown said...

Sorry that you had a rough weekend but AS ALWAYS you have a plan and you'll hop right back into it. Seeing you actually "live" life while maintaining is so refreshing and inspirational! Thanks for being so candid and honest about it......sure helps me not to feel like such a doof for eating too much cereal......oh, did I say that out loud?? LOL

{{HUGS}} and I am sooooo jealous that you are getting a treadmill! I can't even imagine where I would put one so I guess not having one is a good thing!

Year 2 - May 28/08-Current