Thursday, May 22, 2008

The ProBar

Well, Kendall posted thinking I was snacking on ProBar. Sorry - no - my pro bars are homemade and less than half the calories or yours. However, the reason I'm posting the link is because I decided to check out this brands site. They actually look really good and are all-natural. If you are into protein bars check them out if you can find them and let me know how they taste.

I really can't go any longer without sharing the Trish's Homemade Protein Bar recipe from Phit-n-Phat. I make these EVERY week. I do a basic batch for myself every second week and a batch loaded with 'stuff', like almonds, walnuts, pinenuts, chocolate chips, dried pineapples, raisins, dried sugared ginger, etc for hubby and the 9yo. It's my cake substitute and mine are generally around 3pts.

Trish's Homemade Protein Bars:
3.5C Old fashioned rolled oats
1.5C LF powdered milk
4 scoops protein powder of choice
1C lf maple syrup (I actually just use a LF syrup 'cause I can't find lf maple syrup)
1/4C egg whites (or 2 egg whites if you're into separating)
1/4C orange juice
1/4C apple sauce
1 Tbsp vanilla
Mix and put in sprayed 9x14 casserole dish. Bake at 325 deg. for 20-30 mins until browned on edges.

NOTE: For the 4yo I remove the protein powder and add extra powdered milk. ALSO some chocolate chips. Next time I'm going to bake hers as drop cookies.

No comments:

Year 2 - May 28/08-Current