Today seems to be the perfect day for reflecting on how we live, and giving blessings for our way of life. Much like many people, 6 years ago today I sat crying, staring at the television in disbelief. Our world changed, but thankfully not as much as some would have liked. I passed the Halifax International airport and the normally quiet little place was lined with airplanes that had landed in our little part of the world. Buses took travellers to shelters all day. I was so fortunate to be able to just go home.
6 Years of Blessings:
- I have a wonderful family and a husband who loves me. My children are full of love and not afraid to show it.
- My house, although not perfect, keeps us warm and dry.
- I was only without pay for 2 weeks after returning from maternity 4 years ago when my position was down-sized and they let me know 2 weeks before I was scheduled to return.
- My family has had some tough times financially, but we have always managed to pull through and come out better than when we started.
- We are healthy and free of illness which was so important during my time working without health coverage.
- Although I am still overweight, I am on my way to a healthy lifestyle and feel wonderful as a result. I am so thankful for all the support I get at my meetings, home, and on-line.