I decided that my new goals deserved some space here, and I picked a new ticker that would reflect that.
Over the past few months I have been rather slack in journaling. I have bouts of good journaling here and there, but I realize my biggest success is going to come through the use of a pencil. Both in planning my meals and workouts ahead of time and in recording them to stay accountable.
Secondly, I began to strength train and have fully completed 5 weeks of free weights twice a week. I am also averaging 2 low to medium cardio sessions a week. I'd like to say it was 3, but I can't. I keep working on it, but know that getting out of bed in the morning is going to be the challenge. This morning I did sneak in a quite intense 16-minute cardio session involving jumping jacks, quad jumps, pop squats and lunges mixed in amongst stair climbings and marching. Basically, these workouts are the other portion that will keep me moving in the right direction, build muscle so I can eat more, and add definition to my shrinking frame.
- I am planning to reach my WW goal of 150 by mid-March at the latest. Any earlier is gravy (turns out canned gravy is fairly decent point-wise).
- I am planning to continue the intensity of my workouts or add to them each week.
- When the weather warms up, I would like to maybe re-start the C25K training. I did enjoy that.
- I have a goal of size 10 dress pants, but really have no idea how long that will take. I'm not even sure if I could go below that due to bone structure, but it'll be fun seeing.
- I am thinking that a 'real' 2-piece bathing suite may be doable this summer. As you may recall, my fatty bathing suite was actually 3-pieces turned 2 last summer when I ditched the shorts. It involved a top that flowingly met the bottoms and the bottoms provided lots of coverage. I'm excited to find out if I can sculpt my core enough to actually do that.
- As always, I want to get down to my pre-pregnancy weight - that weight that seemed so easy in my 20s to maintain - 140. No deadline, but getting there by the end of June would be great. Hard to believe I once effortlessly was 135 and ate like a man **sigh**
- I will be keeping my eye out for treadmill sales in a couple of months. Surely some people will realize that they can buy a clothes rack at WalMart for $20 and pocket the difference.
- I will also need to schedule lots of study time to successfully complete my current course. Last time I took it I deferred the exam due to a job change that was time-intensive and then didn't study enough 3 months later and missed passing by 3pts. Never put off next session what you can do better this session.
- Finally, I am going to get on that 'save for a summer holiday' plan that I said I was going to start last September. My kids, and I, deserve something awesome this summer. I may even need to buy a 1-piece suite for water-slides and such ;0