Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Happy Days!

Monday, Tuesday, Happy Days!

OK, I felt I needed something more upbeat after yesterday. After reading through my blogroll and getting a few laughs (special thanks to Colette and Chris), I feel much better today.

Mom called last night and, although we didn't 'work things out', I did finally get out how hurt I was and why. She doesn't think she has anything to appologize for and that's fine. As I said yesterday, it helps to know where you stand. It helps because I can finally move forward and keep myself from relying on her again. Anyway, I'm bored with this subject, "Fiddle-dee-dee. Cottage, cottage, cottage; this cottage talk's spoiling all the fun at every party this summer. I get so bored I could scream. Besides... there isn't going to be any cottage."

There's a lot to catch up on at work. I put in 3 hours yesterday and will likely average a couple of hours each day for the rest of the week as well. That's OK - it helps when you like your job. We are (finally) splitting the company databases. For some reason, the books for 2 companies are all in one database file. We get cross-entries periodically that I need to adjust for as part of month-end. This will alleviate a lot of confusion, but I also need to document some procedures for inventory movement to send to the sites.

On the activity front, I have the challenge to do 150 minutes of activity each week. I wanted a combination of things in these minutes, but this week it all looks like walking. Here goes:
Day 1 (Wed) - 35 minutes on treadmill - rolling hills at an average of 3 miles/hr
Day 2 (Thur) - 45 mins on treadmill - weight loss routine (minimal incline, up to 5 miles/hr
Day 3 (Fri) - 60 mins walking with hubby. Actually, I think it was more like 1.5 hrs, but forgot to look at the clock. This was an endurance walk. I picked up speed for a while after getting started, but Mark set the pace for slower when he realized where we were walking.
Day 4 (Sat) - Nothing. I had intentions of swimming, but the water was too cold, so after diving in I got right back out. Brrr.
Day 5 (Sun) - 40 mins walking while pushing jogger. The LO came with, and walking pushing that thing really worked my calves. Again, the time is an estimate, but I'm pretty sure it's accurate.
Day 6 (Mon) - Nothing
Day 7 (Tues) - I may get out at noon, but nothing planned as I'll be working late.

So, I've exceeded my 150 minutes. It feels great. In another month my dance classes will start back up and by mid-September I plan to join a swim class when the pool opens up. I want the kids to stay in the water, too, so I think I'll buy a family membership.

On the food front, I don't know how I'm doing. I only started journaling again yesterday as I stopped for vacation, but did try to eat healthy. Actually, I didn't even calculate my supper points, but had 10 left after work. I don't think eating the melty left-overs of ice-cream and chocolate sauce helped, but hey I forgave myself afterwards, LOL. I should have said, "You can take it all back to the kitchen; I won't eat a bite." No wonder Scarlett was always so thin.

Cheers all,

1 comment:

Steph said...

Sooooo glad that you are feeling more like your southern bell charmer self! I have to commend you for standing up for yourself and telling your mom how hurt you are.....that takes backbone and strength and it is easy to see that you have both!

Way to go on the exercise.....it always feels so good to meet a goal!!

Year 2 - May 28/08-Current