Thursday, November 22, 2007

WI - Sucks Arse Sometimes

Crap, I've been reading the Mouse's blog too much lately, LOL. However, it is true - weigh-ins sometimes suck arse.

I didn't make WI last night and, instead went today at lunch. The digital devil said I gained 0.2lbs this week. Now, I know you're saying, "That's nothing, blah, blah." But I was really hoping to see some downward movement this week. Let's review: On Oct 3rd my WI was 160.4 - Today - 7 WEEKS later, it is 159. Farrrk! 1.4lbs in 7 freakin' weeks!!!
Discouraged? YES! Frustrated? YES! Pissed? NO!, well, maybe - but mostly at myself for letting the ball drop in October. What the heck happened? Did I get to this size and become complacent for a while? Well - that sucks arse, too.
So, I chatted with the leader and we took a look at things and she says my tracker looks good, even with occassional indulgences. What's different? I'm exercising again, but....ahhh...Light bulb moment...
I used to walk every lunch break for 20-30 mins. I go to my class for 90 mins on Thursday evenings now, but gave up my daily walks. I suspect that just 'moving' daily has benefits other than the time spent moving. So, I need to find something that I enjoy and continue my focus on DAILY exercise. I've talked about joining the gym, so we'll see what happens next week.
Also, there could be a component of 'what I've been doing has taken me this far - now I need to step it up'.
Meanwhile, I am going to strive for a minimum of 10 APs this week - to be obtained over 6 days. That means, walking the dog for 30 mins (1AP), etc. I will NOT count my cleaning. Let's see if this helps. I am also thinking to add some strength training in a couple of times a week. I know this will affect weight via retained water, so I will be posting my measurements as well once I take them at home. I am also going to review the Goal component of all of this and come up with some quantifiable numbers, like 10 APs this week, and limit FPs to 25, and some not so quantifiable, like write before you bite (do you really think I would have eaten 2 bags of popcorn had I known they were 5pts each - that's CRAZY).

1 comment:

Carolyn said...

I think that is a great plan. When I first started WW I did not exercise in the least bit but I was still losing tons of weight but then I hit a plateau when I had lost about 45-50 lbs and I found that I needed exercise if I really wanted to see the scale moving downwards.
Walking at lunch is a great idea but as the months get colder, a lof of the women at my work run to the gym for a "quickie" on their lunches which I think is a great idea!

Year 2 - May 28/08-Current